Saturday, October 13, 2018

Serial Dating

As we come to an end of 2018 it appears the prospect of dating is only growing dimmer. Stories we hear from friends, radio segments and podcasts airing, and even our own personal stories can give a grim, though hilarious, take on what dating looks like today. Reasons galore, men and women of all ages search restlessly for companionship. Some will prevail, many will fall short, but all come with stories.

I, personally, have a knack for picking out the cream of the crop when it comes to failed dates. Some just didn't fit the criteria, some came with commitment issues, while others made some really great stories.

But what does it mean to "fit the criteria?" Anymore it would seem someone is worthy of keeping around just for behaving decently. That term, decent, can be vague and fall under various categories. Do you keep a list of what qualities a partner should possess? If so, drop them in the comments.

While I haven't found that undying love so many search for, I have certainly made some fun for myself in this dating game. At this point I have been on so many first dates I feel like a serial dater.

Bored? Start swiping.

Lonely? Start swiping.

Can't sleep? Start swiping.

Need some entertainment? Open up and swipe away.

It's not necessarily a good indicator of hope when these feelings are what bring someone to a dating site. But when millenials think meeting someone naturally in real life settings is a new concept there's little hope.  The folks on these free sites dont play by dating rules, either. So starts the gossip of what meeting people online really looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment